Jim Thorpe Ride

Not long ago, I mentioned that I'd love to ride the Lehigh Valley Gorge (aka D&L Trail) all the way to Jim Thorpe. Well, I had to cheat a little, but I finally did it.

It's 15 miles from my house to the gorge, and since it's another 15 miles from the gorge to Jim Thorpe, I decided to put the bike on the back of my car and drive to the gorge rather than attempt a full, 60 mile round trip. I'm just not up to that level, yet.

The trip was beautiful! I saw a couple riding 4-wheeled recumbent bikes, and another couple riding a tandem bike. There were also quite a few other sites to see, like this view off the Nesquehoning Bridge:
Lehigh River Nesquehoning Bridge instagram
Shot from the Nesquehoning Bridge on the D&L Trail.
All in all, I had a great time. I even took a ride up through Jim Thorpe to see some of the shops, galleries and other sites along the way. I love Jim Thorpe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment