Another Perfect Day

This is where I ate my sammich today. Jealous?
Much like Friday, today was another perfect day for a ride. As such, I decided to push it a little harder than usual.

First of all, if I'm going to go, I'm going to go hard. Otherwise, what would be the point? Even if I were going on a leisurely ride, it would be a hardcore leisurely. Why? Because I have other things I could be doing, like cleaning out my DVR by getting caught up on Honey Boo Boo episodes. I'm not out here to waste time. It's not fair to drivers who have to go around me, and it's not fair to myself for skipping work. Besides, I mean, Honey Boo Boo. With that much motivation-crippling distraction available at my fingertips, of course I'm going to stay in the saddle as long as possible. Sometimes, you have to save yourself from yourself. I think Dr. Drew said that once, I'm not sure.

So, results time. Just how hard did I actually push it? According to the computer, I travelled 42.7 miles for a total trip time of 3 hours and 37 minutes at an average of 11.8 mph. I like that number. I like it a lot. I like it especially because my trip on Friday took 3 hours and 32 minutes to travel 40.6 miles. That's an average of 11.4 mph. In other words, I rode farther and faster today (following the same route, plus a few extra miles on the gorge trail) than I did on Friday. That makes me happy -- much happier than I would have been sitting at home, watching Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment