I've Entered the Flaming Foliage Festival

I just found out about The Flaming Foliage Festival and Metric Century Bike Ride that takes place in Hazleton in October. How have I never heard of this before?

I don't think I'm ready for the metric century (100k) and the 20k seems way too easy -- I ride 10 miles a day, so another 2.4 doesn't seem like much of a challenge. So, I'm definitely going to go for the 50k. Then again, it's not just distance I'll have to contend with. The route goes through McAdoo, Tresckow, Beaver Meadows, Weatherly and back. For those who don't know the area, there are some big hills to contend with on this route.

It seems kind of intimidating, but I've been working very hard all Summer and I think I'm actually in better shape than I was as a teenager. Also working in my favor is the fact that I've almost done this before -- a couple times to Beaver Meadows and back and even one time all the way into Weatherly.

You know, maybe there are a lot of people out there who do 50k every other day, but this is the first event of its kind I've ever entered, so I'm pretty excited! With 2 months to train until the event, I'm very confident I'll be able to do this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment