Day 4 of 30 Days of Biking: Making Adjustments. Also, I'm Doing A Charity Bikey Thing

Listen, let's not ever talk about yesterday, ok? It was lousy. It stunk like last week's garbage and it thoroughly destroyed any shred of dignity I had left. It's not like I didn't want to ride my bike, I'm just tired of punishing myself with this non-Spring we've been having so far. Besides, today was better.

Note: I'm trying to write some decent content for this blog post, but my brain has turned to mush, so here's the gist of it:

I took the cushiony seat off and replaced it with the original saddle that came stock on my bike. It's easier to pedal while perched and allows me to shift around a bit instead of being stuck in an upright position. I confirmed this by *ahem* riding my bike today. That's right; I'm back on the wagon. I also gave the drive train a good scrub down and made a few other adjustments just to keep everything running smoothly.

The weather was beautiful, today. I did about 4.5 miles wearing just a t-shirt with a jacket and some tights under a pair of sweat pants. I also did without the bandana/face mask and didn't feel like my face was going to freeze into a visage of pleasure mixed with pain.


I am so looking forward to the day I can get away with shorts and a t-shirt.

Note: The brain mush is now leaking out of my ears, so let's wrap this up...

I registered for the Spencer Martin Memorial Bike Ride for Habitat 2013 ride, which takes place in May.

It's a 30 mile ride which will wind its way through the scenic Back Mountain. Proceeds from the memorial ride will be used by Wyoming Valley Habitat for Humanity to help provide simple, decent, affordable housing for qualified families within Wyoming Valley.

It looks like it should be a lot of fun, and I can't wait to do it!

Note: At this point, my brain is now thoroughly mushed and I can no longer find the... um, words... something something... flowery language, purple prose... insert closing paragraph here. It's been a long day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment